Mid Mississippi Development District, which represents a six-county area in Central Mississippi, and JCEDD are the region's premier business leadership organizations. The District, with its full-time developer and staff, assist local officials and organizations with industrial recruitment efforts and act as liason to state and federal agencies. Their mission is to attract, retain and grow businesses, industries, and jobs in all areas of Jasper County.
We are ready to help companies participate in the growth of the county through a variety of different programs. Among other incentives to new business and industry, Jasper County has its own incentive program called Revolving Loan Fund. A pool of monetary resources have been set aside to provide loans to help companies become established in Jasper County.
Need site ready available land within an industrial park? There are two parks in Bay Springs and two in Heidelberg. There are a wide range of incentives available to help business and industry owners get established and make a smooth transition into the area with help from the appropriatel agencies and government departments.
Georgia Pacific ~ Bay Springs
DO YOU KNOW??
- Site Selection Assistance - JCEDD and MMDD representatives will work with a business to find a building or site that meets the companies needs.
- Expedited Permit Processing - Industrial and commercial developments may be eligible to receive expedited land-use approvals and building permit processing.
- Incentive Zones - Site ready Industrial Parks are immediate incentive zones, plus other areas in the county also qualify.
- Workforce Development - Jasper County Economic Development works closely with Jones Junior College advanced Technology Center for workforce development. JCJC provides industries with pre-employment training and employment certification programs, up-grade training to improve current worker, skills and licensed program training courses.
- Small Business Development Center - Counseling provided free of charge in areas such as Business start-up, business start-up, business expansion, business plan development, sources of capital, marketing strategies, after business planning, financial management, franchise purchases and other assistance necessary to make your business a success.
- Financing - Jasper County has a good working relationship with Mississippi Development Authority accessing many of their finance programs to help our industry expand and locate new industry. Many MDA programs require an application from a government entity and Jasper County is ready and willing. Jasper County has used many MDA financial programs to help develop industrial projects. To view key MDA financial programs website www.mississippi.org
Jasper County is part of East Central Planning and Development District. ECPDD has several loan funds available for new and expanding business. This is a good source of financing to blend with other funds to make a project a success.
USDA - Rural Development is a source of financing industry expanding and new location. Some of their programs are available to government entities and then loaned to prospective industry. Rural Development has guaranteed loanprograms to banks and other programs for financial assistance to business and industry. Web site is www.rurdev.usda.gov
Electric Power Association of Mississippi and Southern Pine Electric Power Association through USDA have a loan program for industry. Some projects may be eligible for a zero interest loan.
Jasper County is served by four banks: Bancorpsouth, Magnolia State Bank, Newton County Bank, and Omnibank. Our local banks are aggregative in financing business and industrial projects.
Jasper County ranks 54 of 83 total Counties compared to other Counties in State of Mississippi according to the relative size of the employment base in the year 2005. This ranking has moved up from the year 2001, at which time the County was ranked 53 of 83 Counties. In Jasper County, Manufacturing, Retail Trade, and the Construction sectors are the largest industries, in terms of total number of jobs in 2005. The Manufacturing is the major employer in the county making up 44 percent of all jobs throughout the county, totaling 1,363 jobs. The Retail Trade and Construction sectors provide 12.5 and 5.2 percent of the total jobs, respectively.
Manufacturing is the industry with the largest establishments in Jasper County, averaging 105 employees per business. This is greater than the industry's national average of 39 and greater than the Mississippi establishments size average of 61 for the Manufacturing industry.
In Jasper County, Manufacturing, Utilities and Information industries have the highest United States location quotient (LQ). The Manufacturing sector has a United State LQ of 3.43. In other words, the percent of total jobs in the Manufacturing sector is 3.43 times more than the average percent in the United States, revealing signs that Jasper County produces more than its local requirement of products and/or services of Manufacturing.
Contact: JCEDD - Economic Development District
P O Box 611
Bay Springs, MS 39422